5 Spring Cleaning Tips to Prep Your New Hampshire or VT Home to Sell
Now that the weather has warmed up and the flowers are in bloom in New Hampshire and Vermont, it's that time of year again…time for spring cleaning! This ritual of homeowners and renters alike provides a rejuvenating lift for a home that has been closed up all winter long during our New England hibernation. For home sellers, spring cleaning is especially important. The spring market for real estate is the prime time for showings and open houses. Help your home to look it's best so that it attracts the buyer's eye.
Whether you're a spring cleaning veteran or new to homeownership, your spring cleaning experience doesn't have to be intimidating or overwhelming. No matter the size of your living space, here are 5 simple tips and tricks from HouseLogic to jump-start a thorough spring cleaning of your home:
1. After vacuuming up the cobwebs and dust, wash down your walls, but don't use spray cleaners. They like to leave streaks behind. Instead, soak a cloth in an all-purpose cleaner and wipe walls; then rinse with a cloth soaked in plain water.
2. Vacuum and wipe down your baseboards after you clean your floors because debris can easily get kicked up onto baseboards from the floor.
3. For washing windows, use a microfiber cloth soaked in a solution of ¼ cup vinegar, ¼ to ½ teaspoon dish soap and 2 cups water. Too much vinegar in the solution will leave windows cloudy, so don't go overboard.
4. Use a "whipped detergent" to spot clean upholstery. Mix equal parts dish soap and water and beat to a froth. Use a cloth soaked in the mixture to wash stain and rinse with a clean damp cloth.
5. To clean ceiling fan blades without sprinkling dust all over yourself and the floor, spray the inside of an old pillowcase with cleaning solution, slip the bag over blade and wipe clean.
Find more spring cleaning tips and tricks on the Spring Cleaning List for your home's interior and exterior. For room-by-room tips, check out Spring Cleaning 101.
If you're a home seller who really wants to make an impression on buyers, take a look at this article for Staging Your Home to Sell from the Shepherd Realty blog.
CG Shepherd Realty, LLC: Serving New Hampshire's Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee and Upper Valley Regions, Eastman, and Vermont's Real Estate Buying and Selling Needs for Over 20 Years.